Helping the Golden Heart Community Foundation is an opportunity to “give where you live”. There are many ways to donate, and we’d like to help you determine the way that works best for you. All gifts are professionally managed and protected by The Alaska Community Foundation (ACF).
ACF Investments: https://alaskacf.org/investments
ACF Financials: https://alaskacf.org/financials/
There are three GHCF Funds:
- Grantmaking Endowment Fund: 100% of your donation increases the fund balance, and the future earnings are used for grants to nonprofits in the Interior.
- Operating Endowment Fund: 100% of your donation increases the fund balance. Future earnings are used for administrative expenses and modest fees.
- Non-endowed Operating Fund: 100% of your donation will help cover expenses. Expenses are annual PO Box rental, annual Chamber dues, correspondence, non-sponsored newsletters, and a donor event. Office, internet, and copy machine are covered by in-kind donations, and the part-time program manager is funded by Rasmuson Foundation.
IN MEMORY OF / IN HONOR OF CONTRIBUTIONS:
A Memorial Contribution provides an opportunity to honor the memory of a loved one with a monetary gift in their name. An Honor contribution is a unique way to recognize an individual for a noteworthy accomplishment or on a special occasion. Your gift in their name will help support the work of local nonprofits that help build a better future for the Interior. Each gift serves as a lasting tribute to the person since the fund will exist in perpetuity.
If you donate by check, please indicate on your check that it is IMO (Person’s Name) or IHO (Person’s Name). Please also indicate which GHCF Fund you would like the gift applied to. If you donate online, include this information in the “Additional Notes”. If applicable, include contact information for the person being honored or for a designated family member or friend of the person being remembered.
Upon receipt of a memorial gift or an in honor of contribution, GHCF will send the donor a note of appreciation and ACF provides an acknowledgment for tax purposes. If the contact information is provided we also send a card to the the person being honored or for a designated family member or friend of the person being remembered.
PLANNED GIVING / LEGACY GIVING:
Many donors make their largest contributions through planned gifts, which are invested to grow over time and help GHCF provide grants for nonprofit organizations in our community. Planned giving means that your assets remain untouched during your lifetime. Bequests are not payable until the time of death. Then, your planned gift lives on to benefit the whole community.
To make a simple, lasting gift to your community you can:
- Make a gift to GHCF in your will or trust.
- Designate GHCF as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts or life insurance policy, which preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income taxes.
- Donate a paid-up life insurance policy to GHCF.
The advantages of a Planned Gift to a Fund of the Golden Heart Community Foundation:
- Gifts may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate after taxes and expenses, or a gift of real property, stocks, artwork or other valuables.
- Planned gifts reduce the taxable value of your estate because GHCF is an Affiliate of ACF, a nonprofit organization.
- Designating GHCF as a beneficiary of your retirement preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income tax.
Contact Alaska Community Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options or for more information on how your planned gift will leave an enduring legacy for the Interior of Alaska.
Bequests can be made to: The Alaska Community Foundation/Golden Heart Community Foundation (and indicate Grantmaking endowment fund or Operating endowment fund).
EIN #92-0155067, a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
We can’t thank you when you are gone:
If you are ready to make a bequest, or if you plan to leave a gift to GHCF in your will, we invite you to let us know so we can include you in our Legacy Society of Alaska. When you fill out the non-binding Legacy-Society-Declaration-of-Intent-Affiliate-fillable form, you can let us know the exact intent of your gift. Let us acknowledge you now either by name or anonymously.
Donate Online (security certified)
Or mail a donation made payable to ACF – Golden Heart Community Foundation, to our address below. Please include the name of the fund to which you wish to donate:
Golden Heart Community Foundation
PO Box 73183
Fairbanks, AK 99707-3183
Upon receipt of a gift, a GHCF Advisory Board member sends the donor a note of appreciation and ACF provides an acknowledgment for tax purposes.
Other options to donate to the Interior of Alaska:
- The AK Can Do Fairbanks Fund for immediate response to organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Contact ACF directly to establish a named fund.
Photo Credit: Jade Frank/FCVB