Make Your Legacy a Reality: “You don’t have to be a tycoon; you just have to care. “
Many donors make their largest contributions through planned gifts, which are invested to grow over time and help GHCF provide grants for nonprofit organizations in our community. Planned giving means that your assets remain untouched during your lifetime. Bequests are not payable until the time of death. Then, your planned gift lives on to benefit the whole community.
To make a simple, lasting gift to your community you can:
- Make a gift to GHCF in your will or trust.
- Designate GHCF as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts or life insurance policy, which preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income taxes.
- Donate a paid-up life insurance policy to GHCF.
The advantages of a Planned Gift to a Fund of the Golden Heart Community Foundation:
- Gifts may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate after taxes and expenses, or a gift of real property, stocks, artwork or other valuables.
- Planned gifts reduce the taxable value of your estate because GHCF is an Affiliate of ACF, a nonprofit organization.
- Designating GHCF as a beneficiary of your retirement preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income tax.
Contact Alaska Community Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options or for more information on how your planned gift will leave an enduring legacy for the Interior of Alaska.
Bequests can be made to: The Alaska Community Foundation/Golden Heart Community Foundation (and indicate Grantmaking endowment fund or Operating endowment fund).
EIN #92-0155067, a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3).
We can’t thank you when you are gone:
If you are ready to make a bequest, or if you plan to leave a gift to GHCF in your will, we invite you to let us know so we can include you in our Legacy Society of Alaska. When you fill out the non-binding Legacy-Society-Declaration-of-Intent-Affiliate-fillable form, you can let us know the exact intent of your gift. Let us acknowledge you now either by name or anonymously.